There are many opportunities in FISH to get involved and make it your own.
Our community is always open to new ideas.
Join us and find out how you can get involved!
- Back-to-School Social
- Makers Market
- Geography Fair
- Roller Skating Party
- End-of-Year Picnic
- Various Clubs
- Field Trips
- Gym Class
- Service Projects
- Teen Events
- Park Days
- Homeschool 101
- Parent Enrichment Meetings
- Mom Meet-ups
- Veteran Mentoring Moms
- Resource Give Away
- High School Resources
- Active Prayer Chain
Regular Communications & News
- Network Website & Interactive Calendar
- Classified Listings
- Family/Member Directory
- Forum, Including Private Chat Areas
- Community Events Calendar
- Our own FISH Educational Resource Center
- HSLDA Discount
- Directory of Homeschool Resources
- Access to a variety of activities going on in the Madison and surrounding areas
- Area homeschool sports teams (MAHS Tigers)
- Reading incentive programs
To be eligible to become members of FISH Home Education Network, families:
- must support the network's Mission Statement and the Foundational Statement of Our Common Faith.
- must be currently participating in a private home-based educational program as described in current Wisconsin Home School Law, which includes filing a Pl-1206 form in accordance with the Department of Public Instruction requirements.
- can include those who only have children of preschool age and are considering or planning to participate in a private home-based educational program.
Families who become members are expected to fulfill the following participation requirements:
- Member families will participate in organizing at least one network support activity or volunteer to help with one aspect of FISH (optional for first year of membership). For example, you can coordinate a student or parent activity, help with planning an activity, volunteer with the Resource Center, or set-up a field trip.
- Member families must pay the annual membership fee of $30 (or $15 after March 1st) to offset the operational costs of the FISH Home Education Network. Please note, this fee is non-refundable (unless extraneous circumstances apply).